Thursday, July 10, 2014

It's been a long time...

Hey blog universe,

I haven't been on my blog for quite some time. My life has been so hectic, and I felt like I didn't have much to say! Which is crazy, because so much has happened in my life in the past few months. For starters, I am officially a law school graduate. I got my J.D., which means juris doctor (which literally translates into teacher of law)! I now have a professional doctorate degree!!! SAY WHAT?!

I still can't believe I have this degree and have accomplished this in my life. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was bumbling around my college town, searching for answers and trying to figure out my life. Don't get me wrong; four years at Williams were INCREDIBLE and I didn't even care that I was happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time (hehehe). Years later, at 24 years of age, I have accomplished something for greater than myself. And I feel happy about that.

On a sad note, I am currently studying for the bar exam, the exam I HAVE to pass in order to become a practicing attorney in my state. I am studying everywhere and all the time (mostly). I study in coffee shops, on beds, on chairs, in grass, in the sun, in the rain, etc etc etc. I STUDY ALL THE TIME. It really sucks. I wanted to say that more artfully, but it just...sucks. Still, I know that I am lucky to be taking this exam.  To be given this opportunity to represent the underprivileged and those in need is more than I could ever dream of. If I pass this exam, I intend on being a progressive lawyer that tries her best to mend families and help them move forward in life. I refuse to be a lawyer in search of conflict to profit off of. I would never be able to get up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror; I also would never be a good example for my future children (if I ever have any).

Last but not least, I have started working out at a gym again. AND I am contemplating doing some hip-hop again too! I miss it too much, and doing zumba classes has given me choreography practice again! :) We'll see how that goes!

I plan on blogging more regularly and am planning to do weekly Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday posts! I might blog sometime in between if I find something inspirational to share with you all or if I have some news! Regardless of when I blog, I think this blog will give me a space to share my life! Thank you for reading, if you are! :)

Here are some photos of my week so far:
The sunlight shining through the trees at the Shangri-La (Doris Duke's Estate on Oahu, Hawaii) 7/9/14

The Pasta Special at the Pavilion Cafe (located in the Honolulu Museum of Art in Hawaii)

Do you see Mickey?

Sunshine in Honolulu, Hawaii

Such a cheeky sign, no?

Yummy UBE Ice cream from my favorite cafe in Hawaii! ChadLou's Kailua.

ChadLou's Kailua - Storefront

Basking in the sunlight.

Fire-y Sunset in Honolulu - 7/9/14.

Some adorable candles at a boutique in Kailua. I still have some candles in my apartment. BUT I vow that I will return to come claim you, cute pink candles!



Always,
Cassie

"I honor the place within you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place within you, which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace. When you are in that place within you and I am in that place within me, WE ARE ONE"

No comments:

Post a Comment