Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Beauty of Hawaii

Hello lovelies!

As some of you may know, I live in Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I have been to many other states in the U.S., and I also lived in Massachusetts for a while during my college years. I love the mainland U.S., and I miss it a lot; however, Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and I am so lucky to be able to call it my home. For those who decide to visit our wonderful paradise, please take the time to venture outside of Waikiki at least once. Waikiki is only a small part of Hawaii, and it is commercial Hawaii. I'll admit that it is quite fun, and I do enjoy going there once in a while. Still, it's not real Hawaii to me. Hawaii is the quiet of the windward side and the delicious and cheap local treats at hole-in-the-wall restaurants and the adorable "aunties" and "uncles" that you meet everyday. Hawaii is more than just hula girl bobble-heads and Waikiki; the true beauty of Hawaii, to me, lies in the people and the land outside of the glitzy strip. Head outside of that bubble and you will be amazed.

I also recommend traveling to the outer islands! Life there is different from Oahu. Each island has its own personality; my personal favorite, so far, is Molokai. You can actually s e e the stars, and they are magical. I went on a school trip there, and it was one of the most amazing trips I have ever taken. Wherever you choose to visit, always remember to step outside of the tourist traps and go on an adventure! I know it's hard sometimes, esp in foreign countries. BUT DO IT. You will learn the most, grow the most, and have so many amazing stories to take back home with you.

I hope you come to visit us in Hawaii one day! We are definitely a unique place in the world, and I invite you to discover all the beauty that my home has to offer! I want to leave you with pictures of last night's sunset in Honolulu. The sunsets this summer have been i n s a n e.






Aloha,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment