Friday, July 18, 2014

Decorating Favorites - Dining Rooms

Hello lovelies!

I decided to theme my "favorites" posts from now on! I like things to be quite organized, and I think theme-ing is the perfect way to go about that! :) Anyway, I chose home decor as my first "theme." I am planning on moving into a new apartment sometime at the end of this year or early next year! And, my plan is that it will be my own place for a while. I get to decorate, design, and prettify independently. I am so excited, and I have been looking at home decor books for inspiration recently.

I have decided to feature a few gorgeous dining rooms, each with their own style but gorgeous nonetheless.

Style #1
I adore this dining room I found on this tumblr. This is a perfect dining room design for a smaller house/apartment. I love the wood table; it has a repurposed look to it, although this table might be brand new. The pops of green from the potted plants are subtle and are perfectly complemented by the green in the frames and pictures on the wall. I love the arrangement of the photos and prints; I love collecting old posters and postcards, so this design may be perfect for me in the near future! I also adore the candlesticks. There is so much vintage charm going on here! 

Favorite #2:
I love the use of this wooden plank for a dining room table. Although my table may not be this long, it is a great way to take repurposed wood and integrate it into your home decor. As you can tell, I am a big fan of repurposed/recycled/reclaimed wood and other household things. If it ain't broke, right? You can peruse the original blog post here.

Favorite #3:
Okay, okay...like whoa. This is a dining home design for my dreams! The home is obviously right on or quite near to the ocean. I love the idea of "opening up" your dining room experience by having a window wall. I think it brings so much natural light into the room and just makes your dining experience so much more pleasant. Imagine coming into this room to eat breakfast. D R O O L. Also, I love the wall/shelf; I would maybe put a few framed photos of my friends and family, along with some shells or beach treasures. This is probably way out of my reach, but one can dream, right? To see more of the house where this dining room came from, click here.

I hope you enjoyed my design inspiration! Have a good evening, and see you soon.

Aloha,
Cassie

"I honor the place within you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place within you, which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace. When you are in that place within you and I am in that place within me, WE ARE ONE"

No comments:

Post a Comment