Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Summer Treats

Hello lovelies,

Hope your day is going well! I know I mentioned that I would write about my Waikiki adventure, but it's gonna take some time editing all the photos (soooorry)! Until then, I wanted to do a short post about my favorite summer treats!

Summer is a time for relaxation, sun, laughter, and fun! Summer always evokes images of swimming pools, beachside gatherings, and yummy treats perfect for the weather! I live in Hawaii, which means it is H-O-T during the summer months, and the yummies that I have are usually refreshing to go along with the weather. Here are some of my favorite indulgences during the summer!


I love strawberries! In fact, it's safe to say that they are one of my favorite fruits (if not my favorite). They are sweet and tart at the same time, and they are so pretty to look at! The only thing are those little seeds; they can get stuck in your teeth (boo). But, all in all, they are a great fruit and can be used in many different recipes. In the summer, I love to snack on cold, fresh strawberries! Here, I photographed a usual snack for me, fruit and cheese (in this case - cottage cheese). I love the creamy texture of cheese and the bite of strawberries together! I also love strawberries with whipped cream (duh!) and champagne! I might just have that trio later...


OKAY. I LOVE ICED COFFEE! The summer heat, depending on where you are, can be oppressive. And oppressive heat can make one very sleepy or tired or sluggish. I find that a refreshing cup of iced coffee always saves the day. It not only wakes you up with caffeine, but the temperature also gives me back my kick! After a nice, refreshing cup, I'm able to conquer the rest of my day. I actually have mine black (no sugar or cream or milk) and preferably with a hint of lavender. 


Last, but not least - m o c h i ice cream. Yup, MOCHI ice cream. For those who aren't familiar, mochi is a soft Japanese rice cake. It's delicious and soft and gooey and yummy and perfect. Imagine that sweet, tasty cake wrapped around a ball of heavenly ice cream. YEAH. It's amazing. I love it. My dad has bought more for our family, and I couldn't be happier.

I hope you enjoyed my post! Let me know in the comments below what are YOUR favorite summer treats! I would love to know!

Aloha,
Cassie

"I honor the place within you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place within you, which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace. When you are in that place within you and I am in that place within me, WE ARE ONE"

No comments:

Post a Comment