Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tried and True Recipe Favorites - Pasta Feature

Hello lovelies!

Today, I wanted to share a few pasta recipes that I have tried recently! I am addicted to Pinterest, and I find so many interesting and delicious recipe ideas on there. I absolutely love to cook and bake, and I thought I would share some recipes with you all :)

I am obsessed with pasta, although I am trying to eat less of it in order to live a healthier lifestyle. Still, I cave in once in a while because...well, because it's SO WORTH IT. I hope you enjoy the recipes below, and make sure to check out the blogs from which they came!


Recipe 1: Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is so great and very kid friendly. The dish is simple and quick, and the best part is that the cheese is freshly grated! Although boxed mac and cheese is so easy to prepare, I think (in my humble opinion) that it's always best to be eating foods without unnecessary preservatives and chemicals! And this recipe is such a great alternative! Give it a try someday!


Recipe 2: Creamy Garlic Shells
Another great recipe with "no pasta packet required." This dish is also quite simple and easy to make. You can also choose to use fat-free or low-fat versions of some of the ingredients to lower your fat intake. This dish, as the original blog post mentions, is a healthier, lower-sodium alternative to the pasta sides packets that you find in the grocery store! Try this out the next time you get a craving for a pasta side dish!


Recipe 3: Bacon and Pea Macaroni & Cheese
I admit, this recipe is a lot less healthy than the other two. Well, at least there are peas in it, right? Regardless, this is a great dish to have. It's a fancy "mac and cheese" that grown-ups can enjoy without feeling too childish. Personally, I don't mind having full-on mac and cheese with dinosaur-shaped pasta, but maybe some of you want to class it up a little bit (unlike me). Serve this in a fancy bowl (like the one above) and maybe some white wine, and you can even pass this Mac and Cheese dish off as a fancy meal with your loved one (maybe). Or you can eat it in a big bowl in front of the TV with your hair up in a messy bun like me.

Hope you enjoyed my recipes! Obviously, these were not authentic Italian dishes, but they were ones that I enjoyed and wish to share with you. Hope you try them out someday with the ones you love.

Aloha,
Cassie

"I honor the place within you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place within you, which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace. When you are in that place within you and I am in that place within me, WE ARE ONE"



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie it's Floey! Love these recipes and really enjoying your blog. I'm going to try the one with peas (since I have some frozen ones) sometime this week! Thanks for the tips girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog girly! I'm glad I was able to give you some kitchen inspiration! I love the bacon and peas recipes as well! Post some IG pictures if you do make it. :) I'm totally gonna check out your blog now, too! Didn't know you had one!

      xx,
      Cass

      Delete