Thursday, July 4, 2013

Baking Time - Homemade Butter Cream Frosting (with Recipe)!

Hey all,

For Fourth of July, I have decided to make red, white, and blue cupcakes. I'm sure I will be posting the recipe for the cupcakes shortly, but I decided to make the frosting first. Normally, since I do not always have the time, I would just drop by a local grocery store and grab a jar of prepared frosting. BUT, I have decided to stick to more natural ingredients! 

The recipe for the buttercream frosting:
source: http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/celebrating-the-red-white-and-blue-with-cupcakes/

1/2 c.  unsalted butter
4 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar 
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5-6 tbsp. milk

I used REAL BUTTER, pure powdered cane sugar, pure vanilla extract, and organic 2% milk. I know that these ingredients can be a little pricey, so if you prefer to stick to the non-organic ingredients, I totally understand. :) Also, I suggest using real ALL-FAT butter. I am a little scared of whole milk, and I think it's a little TOO rich for me. BUT I think it would be great to use with frosting, since frosting is essentially all fat and sugar. :)

I will be posting a picture of my final product when I post a picture of the cupcakes. Until then, I will post a picture of my workspace. Baking is messy, but always fun! Don't you agree? 

Kisses,
Cassie xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment