Monday, March 30, 2015

Starlight, Star Bright

Hello all,

Today I took the time to stand on my balcony (with a glass of cold vermouth, of course) to watch the sunset. I had gotten home just in time, after a long day at work, to enjoy one of life's most beautiful everyday occurrences. It seemed to me worthwhile and something necessary today.

As I put on some music in the background and let the orange rays engulf the world around, I felt suddenly melancholy and euphoric simultaneously.  It was as if a rush of emotions came at me, all at once. So much has happened to me within the past week, and I guess I really don't know how to emotionally process all of it. The melancholy is probably a result of all that I have realized that I lost, and the euphoria is the excitement and extreme bliss at the thought of all that I could gain. I have always been one for adventure, even if not necessarily physical. What I mean is, I often love uncertainty. It scares me yet excites me. I find predictability wonderful too, but riding life's adventures freely makes me the most happy.

Anyway, as the sun set and the stars began to shine more brightly, I found myself gazing higher and higher into the night sky. I found myself staring at one of the brightest stars and wondering who else was looking at it too. I find it so wonderful and fascinating that us humans can be bound by something so distant. I was probably not the only person looking at that same star tonight, and even though I may never meet those others staring at the same star, we shared a moment in time. No matter how different we may be, we shared an experience somehow. I think anyway.

I also had the inevitable last thoughts. No, not those of "the end" but those of moving forward. I will be leaving my apartment at the end of the month, and I will no longer see the stars from the same angle. I have grown to love my apartment over the last 3+ years, but I am so excited to get my own place and start a new chapter of my life. I think it will be an amazing time to grow and learn. I am also someone who values her space, so I'm so excited! Still, I will miss this home. Of course, I am still planning on living on the same island and in the same city, so I won't be moving that far :P

I will leave you now with a photo I took this evening, right as the sun was leaving as.

Hope you all have a wonderful day/evening/afternoon, wherever you are. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment